Friday, March 26, 2010

Leaving Framingham

A new chapter begins! After spending 6 and a half years in the Framingham, MA area buying wines for and managing Warehouse Wine & Spirits, it's time to go back to what I think I do best... the smaller scale, more customer oriented wine world.

I've joined a great group of people who are committed to creating an exciting and fun food and wine shopping experience right in Harvard Square, Cambridge. I will be personally selecting all of the wine, beer and spirits starting in April 2010. And when I say personally I am referring to the old fashioned way of wine buying where ALL wines are tasted first to assure all our customers that the quality and value is in every bottle and that customers can ask questions and get straightforward answers without condescension or snobby attitudes.

The
Broadway Marketplace will become a place where winelovers can expand there interest in wine, experience more fully the relationship food has with wine and not feel like they're getting ripped off with over-rated selections. Wine does not have to be expensive to be good.

My posts from this point forward will come from my experiences at the new
Broadway Marketplace...as I discover and uncover all that is delicious and affordable in the Boston area.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve,
    You left me. It's not the same. I will have to come and buy wine from you. I'm in Boston quite a bit so it will not be a problem.

    Congratulations on your new position.

    Katie Messina (katie.messina1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete